You’ve managed to create a beautiful family. Now it’s time to restore your body. During pregnancy, your breasts and stomach are stretched, which can leave loose skin and sagging breasts. Childbirth and breastfeeding can likewise take their tolls. Many women are surprised to find that no matter how well they eat or how much they exercise, they simply can’t get back to their pre-pregnancy body. The Mommy Makeover in Houston will address both your abdomen and your breast in an effort to restore those youthful body contours.
What are the options in a Mommy Makeover?
Mommy Makeovers in Houston are not one set of operations. Rather, they are a combination of one of several operations aimed at counteracting the physical manifestations after pregnancy. It’s a customizable set of procedures that are meant to address your concerns! Some options include:
- Breast Augmentation: An implant can enhance and complement your breasts by restoring and enhancing volume lost after childbirth and breastfeeding. Often, depending on the degree of sagging, an augmentation can be combined with a lift.
- Breast Lift: The classically “perky” breast is sometimes lost after pregnancy, as deflation occurs and the breast begins to sag. This can be counteracted by a lift, which brings the nipple, areola, and breast tissue back up to its youthful position. It can be combined with an augmentation in patients desiring enhanced breast volume in addition to a perkier breast.
- Tummy Tuck: The tummy tuck surgery targets weak abdominal muscles and excess skin that often occurs after pregnancy. An incision is typically placed low along the bikini line to conceal the scarring. Abdominal muscles are often tightened and excess skin is trimmed away to create a more toned tummy.
- Liposuction: Liposuction can complement a tummy tuck or treat localized fat deposits in other areas that are resistant to diet and exercise.
When can the operation be done?
Generally, Mommy Makeovers are best done after you are having children, since changes occur after every pregnancy. If an operation on the breast is performed, it’s important to wait several months after breast feeding before proceeding. If you have young children around, it’s also important to make sure someone is around the help you, as the recovery period can last several weeks.
What other procedures can be performed?
The best part about a Mommy Makeover in Houston is that it’s completely customizable! If there are other areas of concern, Dr. Mushin will happily discuss including other procedures. Some other common options include:
- Arm Lifts: targets excess skin in the medial thigh area.
- Thigh Lifts: targets unwanted loose skin in arms.
- Vaginal Rejuvenation: addresses the vaginal area to improve sexual desire and intimacy.
What is the recovery process like?
The length of recovery varies widely with the type of procedures performed. Depending on this, two to four weeks of recovery may be required. At the time of your consultation, Dr. Mushin will outline your recovery process for your specific procedure combination.
Call to Schedule a Consultation for a Mommy Makeover in Houston
Houston-raised Dr. Oren Paul Mushin is a fully-trained, highly-skilled plastic surgeon whom you can trust with your care. Educated at Duke University, one of the top medical schools in the country, and trained in New York, he brings with him extensive knowledge of cosmetic surgery to Texas. Above all, he is caring with his patients, and meticulous in his approach. Call us today to make an appointment to learn more about mommy makeovers in Houston. We look forward to hearing from you!